Sunday 21 September 2014

Tips to saving money on the latest fashion trends.

Hello everyone,

I am so sorry for not being active on here for a couple of months. My life has been very busy lately and I've been trying to look for a job as I have finished high school. Anyway let's get onto the tips. 

I'm sure you are all aware of the new fashion trends and how expensive it can get to be in 'style' every season of the year. Well, sometimes you just need to stop and realize how much money you are wasting on an item that will be out of style next year. After quitting my part time job, I have found really difficult to save my earnings. Hopefully these tips can help you shopaholics save some cash and still be fashionable.
 
1. Make a list of things you want to buy and why you need them. I do this all the time for every season and most of the time, the answer to why I need the item is because I saw a famous Youtuber wearing it and I want to be as cute as her. So, after making your list, have a look in your wardrobe and see if you have any of the clothing pieces that you have on your wishlist.
If you do not have any of  the items, you may buy the items. If you have a few of them already, do not go out and buy another black v-neck t-shirt from Brandy Melville just because it's a Brandy Melville piece. You have one of those t-shirts already. Keep it and work with it!


2. Write down the price you are willing to pay for each item. I personally hardly pay over $10 for tops, underwear, accessories and makeup. If I want a striped top, I will find the cheapest one possible. Look on websites like Forever21, Garage, Ardene, Urban Planet and Bluenotes. They all have great basics for reasonable prices. You can also go to thrift stores for great deals. If you want jeans for under $20, go to Winners (T.J Maxx), they have great deals on brand name and unique clothing. Also, you could check out your local dollar store or Walmart for cheap basics. I got a long sleeve top for $3 from Walmart, super inexpensive and decent quality! For shoes, I tend to pay a little more than $30 for good quality shoes that will last me awhile.




3. Do not buy something that is not on your list, just because it's cheap.
Sometimes, I go to buy a pair of shorts and then end up picking up a bikini and flips flops aswell, even though I have 3 pairs at home already. I recommend having cash, so then when you have a $20 bill, you can only spend that much money and won't end up buying the whole store.



4. Look for dupes, discounts and sales. I'm not going to lie, I have also wanted to buy myself a Triangl bikini because they look so pretty, but they are too expensive for my liking. And to be honest with you, I didn't even go swimming once this year. My advice to you is to look up a dupe of the item you want so bad but can't afford. I found a really cheap alternative to Triangl on this website called Brakinis.com (and might I add, I asked them if I could get a bikini to review and they sent me two for free, I was so happy! I will have a review up shortly,don't worry.)
Next, discounts and sales. If you know your favourite shoe store is selling those Vans for half off on Labor Day, go and get them at there sale price. Also, if you shop online use Ebate or similar websites to get a cash back percentage. You may not get alot but trust me in the long run it is worth it.


I hope you found this helpful. Feel free to comment down below letting me know what you do to save money whether it be on clothing or groceries.

Much love,

Chloe. x


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I think I need to do this before I go shopping as I do normally end up buying a lot more than what I went in for!

    Natalie xo

    Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I often do the same mistake :)x

      Delete
  2. Love your blog, would love if you checked out mine sometime xx

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you love. Just followed you, loving your posts. x

    ReplyDelete